Hosted by the Shanghai Theatre Academy and co-sponsored by Brown, NYU, Yale, and Princeton, the 2012 Winter Institute has an exciting and unique mix of performing arts professors, historians, and artists. Our diverse faculty features some of the top scholars in the US and China, all of whom will be teaching classes at the Winter Institute. Their multinational narratives and experiences are critical in shaping the holistic, international Winter Institute experience.
We are fortunate to have the following faculty on board:
- Rebecca Schneider, Brown University, Theater Arts and Performance Studies
- Jill Dolan, Princeton University, Director, Program in Gender and Sexuality Studies and Professor, English and Theater
- Stacy Wolf, Princeton University, Professor of Theater
- Richard Schechner, NYU, University Professor; Editor, TDR: The Drama Review, a Journal of Performance Studies
- James Bundy, Yale University, Dean, Yale School of Drama; Artistic Director, Yale Repertory Theatre
- Wu Zhiqiang, General Architect, 2010 World Expo Park; Vice President, Tongji University
- Ye Changhai, Chair of Shanghai Theater Academy’s Academic Committee, History of Chinese Opera
Additionally, the Winter Institute features a number of university scholars, including: Eric Ehn ,Eng-Beng Lim, Kym Moore, Michelle Bach-Coulibably, Carol Martin, Wendall Harrington, Catherine Sheehy, Jessica Wolf, Li Tiangang, Guo Yu, Weng Minhua.